Call for Speakers in Retail
Author: Telecom Council Staff
Meeting Title: Deep Dive: The Modern Merchant & Retail
Date: Nov 10, 2015
Open Opportunities: Keynote presenter, panelist (topic based on speaker proposals), rapid fire company pitch
Call for Speakers Application Deadline: Friday, Sept 25
About the Topic:
Smartphones, wireless technologies, and modern telecom have had solutions promised for the retail sector for years, but merchants are not the eager tech adopters we are used to in Silicon Valley. Many of the solutions have been rejected, delayed, relegated to the clearance bin, or shelved over by the stale cookies. But, telecom is starting to have an impact on retail and merchandising.
For this meeting we are looking for discussions on:
- Social integration with shopping, through photo messaging, visual product matching and searching
- Micro-location and LBS used for promotions, advertising, and even customer path tracking
- Beacons that interact using BLE to help customers navigate a store
- Loyalty created through apps that replace cards, facilitate payment, and even ordering
- Free Wi-Fi with landing pages or notifications that drive retail traffic in malls or airports.
- Phone Payments from Silicon Valley, banks, credit cards, and merchant consortia
- PoS equipment leveraging wifi, cellular, mobile devices.
- Expected Participation: 75-90 Telecom Council members and guests
- Breakdown by level of attendee: 30% C-level, 30% Director, 30% VP
- Breakdown by industry segment: 30% Startup, 20% Service Provider, 30% Vendor, 10% VC, 10% Other
- Sampling of participant titles: C-suite, VP Bus Dev, VP Innovation, Head Scouting, VP Strategic Partnerships, Founder, Partner, GM
How to Get Involved:
- Speakers: To apply to be on this agenda please use our online speaker application.
- Rapid Fire Presentations: We have a handful of 5-minute rapid fire opportunities – If you’d like to stir up interest from companies involved with the Modern Merchant & Retail, please apply for a rapid fire slot.
- Solution Spotlight Tables: Show-and-tell tables operate during all meal and networking breaks at the meeting. Your table will be located in the same space as the meeting, so expect a high volume of traffic. To confirm your table, add the “Solution Spotlight Table” option when you register.
- Recommendations: Please recommend a person or company who will add value to this agenda, contact us.
- Marketing & Sponsorship: To learn more about thought leadership opportunities or the lunch sponsorship associated with this meeting click here.
- Nov 10, 8:30 AM – 1:00 PM
- Host: TBD – Interested in hosting? Check out details on how to host a Council meeting.
- Draft Agenda online here
- Marketing: Promotion of speakers in 100+ online newsletters, calendars, social networks, and directly to 35,000+ Telecom Council subscribers
About the Telecom Council:
The Telecom Council of Silicon Valley is an organization that connects decision makers across the telecom value chain – from carriers and vendors to entrepreneurs and investors – to build relationships and improve the business of telecom. Here are a few links on the Telecom Council to help you understand it:
- Member List: http://www.telecomcouncil.com/memberlist.php
- Meeting history, including agendas and attendee lists: http://www.telecomcouncil.com/archived_events.php
History and background: http://www.telecomcouncil.com/about.php